Monday, September 14, 2009

American Heritage Library

The Dream Author Unknown
I had a dream the other night that I, well, did not understand,A figure rushing through the mist with a flintlock in his hand.
His clothes were torn and dirty as he stood there by my bed,He took off his three cornered hand and speaking low to me he said,We fought a revolution to secure our liberty,and created a Constitution as a shield from tyranny,for future generations to cherish and save,In this, the land of the free and home of the brave.
The freedoms we secured for you we hoped you'd always keep, But Tyrannts labored endlessly while your parents were asleep,Your freedoms gone your courage is lost, your no better than a slave, In this, the land of the free and home of the brave.
You buy permits to travel, and permits to own a gun,Permits to start a business or to build a place for one !
And the land that you believe you own, you pay a yearly rent,though you have no voice to say how the money is spent.
Your children must attend a school that does not educate,And your religious values cant be taught, according to the state.
You read about the current news in a regulated press,and you pay a tax you do not owe to please the IRS.
Your money is no longer made of Silver nor of Gold, You trade your wealth for paper so your life can be controlled.
You pay for crimes that make our nation turn from God to shame, You have taken Satans number and traded in your name.
You have given government control to those who do you harm,so they can tear down churches and sieze the family farm,And sink our country deep in debt, put men of God in jail, arrest your fellow countrymen while corrupted courts prevail.
Your public servants do not uphold the solemn oath that they have sworn,and your daughters visit doctors so their children will not be born.
Your leaders sent artillery and guns to foreign shores, and send your sons to slaughter fighting other peoples wars !
Can you regain the freedom for which we fought and died ?Or dont you have the courage to stand with pride ?
And are there no more values for which you will fight to save ?Or do you wish your children to live in fear, and be a slave ?
Oh Children of the Republic, arise, take a stand, defend the Constitution, the Supreme law of the land.
Preserve our great Republic and each God given Right, with God as our shield, because your freedom is right !
As I awoke he vansished into the mist from which he came,His words were true, we are not free, but we have ourselves to blame, for even now as we lose each God given right,people watch and tremble, too afraid to stand and fight.
If he stood by your bedside while your were asleep,and wondering what remained of the freedoms he fought to keep, What would be your answer, if he called out from the grave, Is this still the land of the free and the home of the brave ?
God bless you, and may God bless this Republic.

2 comments:

Apron of the Month Club said...

Hello, I am Yoli Kalkofen from deep south Texas. I share with you similar beliefs.

I am a Christian, Hispanic, single mom of 2 teens kids, college educated, financially self-supporting, conservative, and believer of founding principles of this country. I don't ask for hand-outs. I work fulltime as a Safety Coordinator and I own an online boutique to make ends meet. I pay my taxes, and I pay for my own groceries. I have my kids fulltime and I raise them with God along side me. We are a family that prays together every day.

God Bless America and bless all of us!
Yoli

Publius said...

It has been a while since I visited, adn I wanted to say that this dream story is one of the best I have read about the degradation of our once great country. Thanks for posting it.

I will cross post a reference link next week on my blog.